Personal Information We CollectPersonal identification information is data that can be used to identify or contact you.
In order to provide and improve our services, we collect personal information. Most of the information we have is provided to us by the creditor and/or collected directly through the use of our services, emails, web applications, and phone calls.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information MSB may collect and how we use it:
- When an account is placed with MSB the creditor provides a variety of information which may include, but is not limited to: full name, date of birth, social security number, phone number, address, email address, account number, original creditor, current creditor, balance, payment history.
- We may collect any information that you provide to us directly whether you contact us by phone, email, sms, web applications, or any other channel. For example, when you access MSB web applications and fill out a form or sign up for a payment plan and provide information such as your first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information and/or other personal identifying information.
Using Personal InformationWe use personal information to properly identify the specific consumers for whom we provide our services, to provide and improve our services, to analyze trends, administer our web applications, to comply with state, federal and local laws and to demonstrate compliance with those laws.
Here are some examples of how MSB uses personal information:
- We use personal information to send you communications about your account(s).
- We use your personal information to verify your identity. For example, when you contact our office you will be asked to provide personal information so that we can verify that we are speaking to the correct individual. We may ask you to provide your full name, address, portions of your social security number, or other identifying information. You can always refuse to supply this information, but be aware we may not be able to communicate if we are unable to verify your identity and/or account.
- We use personal information to process payments and other account activity you authorize.
Sources of Personal InformationWe received your personal information from the party placing your account with MSB for services, such as the creditor or their agent or business associate. We also receive information from you directly either through a phone call, email correspondence and/or through visits to our web applications.
We also sometimes receive information from third party vendors who help us confirm the validity of our information as it relates to address, phone number, bankruptcy, and deceased information.
Disclosure to Third PartiesWe only share personal information with a limited number of third-party service providers who help us provide our services, including, but not limited to, payment processing, mailing, information verification, managing and enhancing customer data, improving our product and services. When we share information, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant privacy laws. We also only share the minimum amount of information necessary for the particular third party to assist us in providing our services.
Here are some examples of how MSB shares personal information:
- For payment processing, we share your credit card or bank information to the card-issuing bank to complete the payment you authorized.
- For content delivery, we share your email address, physical address, or phone number with the delivery service to deliver any communication, message, or requested account documents.
- For collectability, we share name and address to ensure no bankruptcy, deceased, address or phone number changes have occurred since we received the account.
- We may be occasionally required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide information. We will disclose personal information pursuant to a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation.
In the event of a reorganization, merger or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personally identifiable information with our clients, potential clients, and federal, state and local regulators regarding visitors and users, and their interaction with our products and services.
We do not sell personal information. We do not allow our third-party service providers to sell this information or otherwise use it for marketing purposes.
Integrity and Retention of Personal InformationMSB will retain your personal information for the period required to fulfill our services, meet our contractual obligations, and as required by law.
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date.
To request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate please contact our office.
How We Protect Your InformationMSB is serious about data security. We seek to implement the best practices in data collection, storage, processing, and security to protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. MSB protects your personal information during transit using encryption. When your personal data is stored by MSB, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. While we strive to protect your information, you acknowledge that: there are security and privacy limitations beyond our control; the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information exchanged between MSB and our customers cannot be fully guaranteed; and any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
You may find links to third party websites on the MSB web applications. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
This communication is from a debt collector.
This is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information
obtained will be used for that purpose.